Thursday, January 29, 2009

Skunk'ed Again!

You might recall a week before Macy's puppies were born she got sprayed by a skunk. Not cool! I suppose you could say things have come "full circle" as our sweet loving Macy found yet another skunk- just a week after the puppies went to their new homes. As Cash's friend Lily would say "What the heck in the world!"

Cash and I were meandering towards the barn yesterday afternoon to put the dogs in the kennels and leave to run errands. As we headed down the lane, I was talking away to Cash when he interrupted me and said in a very enthusiastic way "Look mama, a skunk." Well by that time, Macy and Ryder were half way down the lane and the little skunks tail was straight in the air. I called them off and they did stop, but not in time! We ended up walking back to the house to give the skunk time to make a get-a-way. Once the coast was clear we headed back to the barn.

Today, those naughty girls got a bath. Luckily Ranger was still behind us and Flute was across the yard. I always thought that skunks hibernate. Turns out they DON'T!

When will these dogs learn?

No comments: