Sunday, January 4, 2009

I need to get some WD-40 for my barn door- it is too squeeky and I can't sneak in on the puppies! As soon as they hear the door handle turning, they are out of the igloo and on the run! It's actually very fun to be greeted like that- all happy, wagging tails, and eyes that say "Get in here and play with us." Of course, as true labradors that they are- they always hope that I have food with me too! ;-)

All the puppies have adjusted to life in the big pen very well. Being winter, I wasn't sure how fast they would adjust to the cold, but it didn't take long at all. Half the time they aren't even resting under the heat lamps. All the puppies are getting so big, Pip included. In fact, Pip is gaining on all his littermates, and fast! Plus he is about the toughest one in the group (aside from Sassy), but he sure loves to cuddle! He thinks he is a bird and would stay perched on my shoulder if he could. I am in love with all the black males! Their faces can melt you!

Macy is spending less time with them, but still loves to play. With teeth, they are like little pirahna's! She will let them nurse for a little bit, but then it usually turns into a game of "who can catch mom first."


The puppies had their first "snow day" today. It was a quick one as it was only 14 degrees. Long enough to run around, eat some snow, climb a small snow hill, and then back to the warm box. Those photo's will be up next time.












No comments: