Friday, November 7, 2008

Trouble Makers!!!

Sorry- no photo's with this post...just an entertaining story! It was 9:30 and I had just let Macy, Ryder, and Bubba out of the house to go back and see the puppies. I was right behind them when I remembered I needed to do something. So I went back into the house. Ten minutes later, I came around the corner from the living room to the kitchen and it hit me- the worst smell in the world, the stench of THE most vile SKUNK you could imagine. It stopped me dead in my tracks and my first thought was- BAD DOGS!

I could hardly talk myself into opening the back door. There, on the deck was Ryder, looking at me with pleading eyes to help her smell better, and off in the dark I could hear Macy thrashing around, rolling in leaves, jumping in and out of the creek, doing whatever she could to get "the smell" off of her. So there I was at 10:00 at night, in 30 degree temperature, in the dark bathing my two Labradors with a combo of baking soda, Hydrogen Peroxide, & dish soap. It was not a pretty sight!

Needless to say, those two trouble makers are NOT sleeping in the barn! The puppies would smell terrible in the morning. Just having them outside in the kennel will probably be bad enough. Not sure what happen to the skunk, but I do know that the "assault" took place near the house, as the entire house is now infested with skunk vapors. I thought about taking Cash and going to a hotel, but I will just keep my bottle of Febreze handy! Tomorrow, will be the "tomato sauce" bath!

Bad dogs!!!

No comments: