Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One last romp...


Can you believe it? These puppies will be 8 weeks old Friday. It's true what they say- "Time flies when you're having fun!" Today was our last romp around together. Tomorrow they change in their "code" names for real names like Stella, Abby, Hoss, Max, and Gracie. On our romp we followed leaves, found and ate half of a pear, played keep-away with a small apple, chased each other, attacked tree branches, and tried to "get" the wind chime. It was fun, entertaining, and maybe, just maybe a little sad. I have come to know each of these puppies so well. I have studied them, held them, scolded them, praised them, taught them, and loved them. I could name each one in a line-up (let's hope I never have to). ;-) I am totally ready for them to be off into the world, but when I saw Ryder plop herself down and turn over onto her back to play- it pulled on my little heart strings! In Cash's words from the start of this journey 9 weeks ago- "You're a good mama dog Ryder!"





While one journey ends, another begins. Stay tuned as Macy, our chocolate girl gets ready to have puppies in December 1st!

1 comment:

MJ said...

OK - knowing the bittersweet of letting them go to their new homes AND reading the wonderful journal of their 1st 8 weeks gives MY heartstrings a little tug. Thanks for sharing this journey!
:-) MJ