Monday, October 27, 2008

Too big for the box...



As these puppies get bigger, I end up spending more time with them...then I wonder where my day went! They all know my voice now and have learned that I am the one that brings the food to them. We have moved on from the mushy puppy food. Now, the food is soak for a few minutes to soften the outside, but the inside of the kibble is hard. If you have visited recently you can attest to how sharp their teeth are! ;-)


The pups have outgrown the whelping box and are now in their new puppy play pen. They have lots of room to roam and are much happier. While it is a bit colder then in the house, they have three heat lamps that help keep them warm. Plus Ryder is never too far from them. I don't have photo's of the new pen yet, but will do my best to get some soon!

Once all the pups gets used to the new pen, we will start our walks in the woods and through the pasture. It is great fun! Their personalities are really starting to shine through, but each of them are just wonderful, healthy, happy pups. "Chunk" outweighed his siblings by a bout a pound, but they are gaining on him. The little girl with the mark in the middle of her back is called "Spunky Brewster." She is THE happiest, tail-wagginist, in your face puppy of the group. I think she defiantly got her dad's tail wag! I love to see her...she is happy all the time! They puppies are starting to interact with their toys- carrying them around, shaking them violently, and playing tug-o-war.

Hard to believe, but each day they do get cuter! Just think...only 4 more weeks until they go to their new homes!


No comments: