Thursday, October 2, 2008

The routine of things






The puppies are doing great! They're fat little "butterballs". I love their little black noses and soft velvety coats. They are all doing a great job of getting around. One of them is even doing his best to pull himself up. He is now know as "Superman" for his strength!

I was in the kitchen earlier and there was a lot of noise coming from the puppy area, so I went to make sure everyone was OK. What I found was everyone fast asleep and dreaming. Whatever the dreams were, those puppies were sure letting everyone else know about it. I know Ryder is extra careful with her pups, so I don't worry about them too much, but I always like to check when their is whines and moans.

Ryder is getting her "girlish" figure back. She has stopped looking for a den to move them to (thank goodness) and has started eating fruit off the tree's again and even playing a game of fetch in the creek. Every time she goes outside she gets in the creek...she loves the water. She is eating between 10-12 cups of food a day (normally she eats 3 cups a day). Almost one week has past and I am finally getting a little bit more sleep. Actually I just get up once in the night for Ryder to go outside. When she comes in, she gets her midnight snack- cottage cheese or yogurt. Then it's back to the puppy box for Ryder and back to bed for me!

No comments: