Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lip Smackin' Good

When Macy goes into the whelping box, it's like someone is ringing a dinner bell to call everyone in for supper...These puppies love to eat! Even my Veterinarian today said "Well, they aren't missing any meals." Today was the first "weigh-in" since birth and each puppy has gained about 1/2 pound. This is good for Macy too as she is prone to mastitis. At this age, the puppies day consists of eating, and sleeping, eating and sleeping, whining, eating and sleeping.


It's amazing how much they change in a few days. They all have big beautiful heads and thick "otter" tails (a characteristic of a lab as described in the AKC Standard). Macy is being a very good mom. She doesn't like to leave them for too long. She rarely leaves the box, even though the door is wide open- she just loves to be with the babes. I am still sleeping on the floor next to the box- better safe then sorry. I am just looking forward to that massage I will treat myself to in a few weeks!

After my litter of 9 yellows, it's fun to have a little color in the box.





No comments: